Camping by the sea in Saint-Palais-sur-Mer
Saint-Palais-sur-Mer is ideally located in Charente-Maritime, between La Palmyre and Royan and close to all the tourist spots such as the beaches, La Palmyre Zoo, small villages like Mornac-sur-Seudre and Talmont-sur-Gironde.
During your stay at camping Saint-Palais-sur-Mer, forget the car! You will experience a vacation without worrying about parking or traffic jams because from the campsite everything is done on foot.
The beaches and the shops in the city center of Saint-Palais-sur-Mer are 600 meters from the campsite. This means you can do your shopping at the market and in the shops without taking your car. In Saint-Palais-sur-Mer you will find bakeries, butchers, bar-restaurants, newspapers and many small stores. There is also a supermarket just a stone’s throw from the campsite.
The chemin des douaniers, which runs along the beaches from Saint-Palais-sur-Mer to Royan or from Saint-Palais-sur-Mer to La Palmyre, is less than a 10-minute walk from the 5-star Camping des 2 Plages. The cycle paths are a 2-minute bike ride from the campsite entrance.
Royan and La Palmyre are easily accessible by bike by the seaside or by the bus lines of the Royannais country.
The beaches in Royan
On foot or by bike, when you feel like sunbathing or swimming in the Atlantic, the beaches of Saint-Palais-sur-Mer are all nearby.
These vast fine sand beaches, supervised and sheltered, each have their own assets.
- The beach of Nauzan is a large sheltered bay where the Saint-Palais-sur-Mer sailing school is located.
- The plage du Bureau which is a conch in the heart of the city center. You will find children’s clubs and swimming clubs there.
- The Platinum Beach forms a long cove with views of the carrelets, legendary rocks as well as the Terre-Nègre lighthouse.
- The plage du Concié is a small cove with these carrelets.
- The plage de la Grande Côte is a beautiful beach lined with dunes and pine trees stretching over 2.5 km with many activities such as sand yachting.
Only 10 minutes on foot from the city center of Saint-Palais-sur-Mer!
From the 2 Beaches campsite, everything is on foot, the town center market is right next door. There you will find the typical products of Charente-Maritime, the famous melon charentais, oysters from Marennes-Oleron and good fresh fish from the auction of Cotinière or Royan. The morning walk will take you past the beach in the center of Saint-Palais-sur-Mer.
In the town center, you’ll find the bike path, seaside restaurants, stores… and especially something to cool off with a good ice cream facing the beach in downtown Saint-Palais-sur-Mer. The city center of Saint-Palais is also shows, concerts, animations for all your family and night markets. On the beach near the campsite, entertainment and swimming clubs will delight your children.
Markets in Royan
Just a 10-minute walk from the campground, you’ll find the covered market of Saint-Palais-sur-Mer open every day of the year. This market is full of Charentais products ; you’ll find the oysters and mussels from Marennes-Oleron, fresh fish from the Cotinière or Royan fish markets, and something to make the immanquable pineau melon from the Charentes.
At 600 meters from the campsite are the 2 beaches of Saint-Palais-sur-Mer :
- At the edge of the beach of the city center (place de l’océan) is on Mondays, the Charentais local market and on Fridays, the art and craft market with merchants from Royan.
- On the Nauzan promenade, along the beach of Saint-Palais-sur-Mer and Vaux-sur-Mer is held on Mondays a night market of Charente products.
In Royan, is the second most beautiful market in France 2018, this market 15 minutes from the campsite will surprise you with its typical architecture of Royan. Inside, you will find all the products to concoct good little local and charentais dishes.
In the late afternoon return to your campsite and relax in our spa or enjoy our heated pool with your family or friends.